IGNORED

Article: JPLAY for iOS Is Now Available

5 hours ago, mnuno10 said:

App requires internet at launch to validate subscription.

Well, you ruined my plans. One of major reasons I wanted to abandon Roon is a new requirement (since version 2?) for permanent internet connection.

Why subscription must be validated at (every) launch if the subscription is on yearly basis?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, mnuno10 said:

1- The first one is not that the control point will affect the SQ per se, but if a control point is using UPnP to send actions to a renderer and another control point is using OpenHome, that can lead to the first one have better SQ. That's because when using OpenHome, renderer has more work to do, as it has to keep track of the queue in order to play all the tracks. That's why some renderers you have worse SQ when using gapless, because renderer has to prepare the next track while playing the current one. In my tests OpenHome always sounded worse than normal UPnP. That's why I prefer to use UPnP and disable OpenHome(if possible). I remember that, in my old SOtM sMS-100, only the act of enabling OpenHome decreased SQ.
2 - There is something called eventing, that some control points can use to communicate with renderer. The way that this works is, instead of being the control point asking for the progress of the track(polling), is the renderer that communicates these actions to the control point. So control point has to register to receive events, and renderer will start sending them. If control point is killed there is not need to send events anymore and renderer can now avoid send them, leading to better SQ. In my tests eventing sounded worse than polling.

1. you are missing point here. Question was not if one protocol is better than another (UPNP better than OpenHome) while control point actively used. Question was if closed control point has impact on quality over running control point.

2. you might have point here