IGNORED

Chord Mojo2 vs Chord 2Qute+Amp

Hi, 

I am planning on buying hifi headphones (audeze... hifman.. focal... still looking) and considering several options for DAC + amp.

One of the options I'm considering is reusing an old Chord 2Qute that I own for several years (used to use it with my PrimaLuna Prologue one which doesn't have headphone out), and match it with a dedicated headphone amp (and have no idea what to get, within the same category).

Or.... sell it and buy the new Chord Mojo 2 (that already has headphone amp).

Is the mojo2 in the same audio category as the 2Qute? What are your comments on this? Thanks for the help.

I’ve owned a couple of Chord DACs, but haven’t heard either the Mojo2 or 2Qute,  but reading between the lines in reviews, press releases and forum posts etc, my impression is that  the original Mojo was roughly in the same ball park for SQ as the original Hugo that preceded it and thus as a DAC, also likely to be at least as good as the 2Qute of that  era.  My hunch therefore is that the Mojo2 will be as good or better than the 2Qute plus, say, a sub £500 head amp. But as ever, you’ll only really know by trying out at home.