IGNORED

DigiOne Volumio hasn't worked in months

I would try a couple things:

- try connecting it to your router with an Ethernet cable to see if the Wi-Fi is not working for some reason. 

- by the wording I am guessing you are using the app. If so, try using a browser on a device connected to your network, and go to the URL Volumio.local. If this works then there is some issue with the app. Might actually try this before hard wiring. 

Let us know how it goes. 

• 1 month later...

I would re-flash Volumio on the SD card.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

• 3 weeks later...

This continued to sporadically malfunction so I swapped out the CanaKit dongle for one from Pi Hut and it's working much more consistently: https://thepihut.com/products/usb-wifi-adapter-for-the-raspberry-pi

The latest version of Volumio sounds amazing, but the Spotify implementation is shaky, at least on Android - I frequently have to go back through the Spotify plug-in to get it to play.

I'm using an Allo DigiOne SPDIF hat on an RPi4 to a Schiit Modi Multibit and the sound is the best I've ever gotten from a source. Everything sounds good. A user-friendly implementation of this would have a lot of potential.

14 hours ago, AudiophileOnABudget said:

This continued to sporadically malfunction so I swapped out the CanaKit dongle for one from Pi Hut and it's working much more consistently

It sounds to me like your current problem is due to poor wi-fi reception. Wi-fi reception via the RPi is weak, and I don't imagine the little dongle you bought can be much of an improvement. I had similar reliability issues when I ran via wi-fi through my Pi 3B+. I fixed it by using an outboard extender and connecting to the RPi with an ethernet cable. This also sounds better, because it moves the digitally noisy wi-fi receiver upstream, out of the Pi.

Several companies make suitable WAP (Wireless Access Point) devices. For optimal sound quality, you would receive wi-fi, but not broadcast wi-fi. Connected via ethernet cable to the RPi. This looks like it would be a good one for not much money, and has the advantage of an outboard power supply, which you may want to upgrade in the future:

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-AC1200-Wireless-Access-WAC104-100NAS/dp/B01LFSDZCU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=30G90AON6CQUF&keywords=wireless+ethernet+access+point&qid=1671026591&sprefix=wireless+ethernet+access+point%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-3

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.