IGNORED

I need help with an AliExpress amplifier

elliot99

Question

Okay so I made the (potentially stupid) decision of buying a subwoofer amplifier from AliExpress. And when they sent it it didn't include a power adapter! I'm a layman when it comes to electrics, and don't know what I'm looking for in a power adapter (and obviously don't want to damage my subwoofer) The description states ( Working voltage: DC48V, current: more than 7.5A(without power adapter)) and the product is listed as a 600w amplifier. so in essence what should look for when buying a new power brick/power adapter/cable? Any help is my massively appreciated!

2 answers to this question

it helsp if you add  the URL to the product, yet keep this in mind; 600W out means more power (and probably much more) needs to go in,,,

so 600 W output means 600/48V= 12.5 Amps output, so at LEAST you need a 12.5*48 is >>600 VA transformer  and rectifier plus capacitors etc 

a power brick at 600VA is a hefty one, and sounds pretty horrible in comparison to a decent linear power suply.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

just noticed you did link the specs.

If the amp has 88% efficiency it's easy to calculate the power requirement at full whack. It would surprise me if the amp gets anywhere near 200W output let alone 600 (that number is probably where it transforms into magical smoke).

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps.