IGNORED

I need help with an AliExpress amplifier

elliot99

Question

Okay so I made the (potentially stupid) decision of buying a subwoofer amplifier from AliExpress. And when they sent it it didn't include a power adapter! I'm a layman when it comes to electrics, and don't know what I'm looking for in a power adapter (and obviously don't want to damage my subwoofer) The description states ( Working voltage: DC48V, current: more than 7.5A(without power adapter)) and the product is listed as a 600w amplifier. so in essence what should look for when buying a new power brick/power adapter/cable? Any help is my massively appreciated!

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, elliot99 said:

Okay so I made the (potentially stupid) decision of buying a subwoofer amplifier from AliExpress. And when they sent it it didn't include a power adapter! I'm a layman when it comes to electrics, and don't know what I'm looking for in a power adapter (and obviously don't want to damage my subwoofer) The description states ( Working voltage: DC48V, current: more than 7.5A(without power adapter)) and the product is listed as a 600w amplifier. so in essence what should look for when buying a new power brick/power adapter/cable? Any help is my massively appreciated!

What does the power plug on the back of the amp look like?

The spec sheet on the amp is kinda funny to read. Advertised as 600W but says maximum output of "Above 200w" with a 10% THD rating at the claimed 600w. For $68 though, I can't be too nit picky :)

I can only assume the original power supply that was supposed to come with the Amp was an SMPS type (Switch Mode Power Supply) so that would be my starting point in what type to look for. If there was a picture of what the original PS looked like it would certainly help clarify a few questions.

If it was a brick type PS (like what you might see with your Laptop, Computer Monitor or TV set) then you might be able to look there as a starting point trying to match the advertised specs of the Amp with the power output of the brick.