IGNORED

Roon 2.0

mourip

ROON 2.0 is effective and just as enjoyable as previous editions.

That said ARC I thought would be great... downloaded easily. connected to my core and worked ONCE or TWICE in my vehicle a 2020 jeep grand cherokee north with an Alpine sound system(even Apple Play suddenly worked!) the SQ was really good. It(ARC) also worked once or twice in my office---then wouldn't connect to my server that was obviously miles away.

I also saw the avalanche of threads on ROON support and Community but THE SKY WAS NOT FALLING (for me) and we have no Mt Vesuvius in Upstate Central NY--that means west of Albany--- but I do live near Pompey NY. I couldn't believe the convoluted misunderstood remarks of people on their threads in ROON nor the answers--I got a very nice and typical technical non-answer from Support which I mostly didn't understand.

Wrote back  that I gave up on ARC and so should all you above--Sirius is decent enough for my JEEP and my Qobuz/TIDAL sound great in my office on my new iPad Pro.

Plus if I want really great SQ in my Jeep I just hook up my iPhone or iPad  for Qobuz or TIDAL AND all my downloaded playlists/favorites.

So for all of y'all above why not just use Sirius or HD FM or your iPhone/Pad ---ARC isn't worth the time or energy PLUS Audirvana IMHO is easier to use and sounds better than ROON in my home--said that to ROON Support also but I use both.

bobbmd