IGNORED

[Windows] Input from 2 sources, output to 2 sinks, incl. Bass Management and Dirac Live?

Ongii

Hello All!

Is it possible to implement a flow such the one in the picture?

My aim is to:

- be able to listen, on a Windows 10 PC, both to an external source like a turntable and all the internal sources (media players, Spotify, YouTube).

- be able to listen in parallel via headphones, and via amp/loudspeakers, after application of upmix (to get at least one more channel), bass management (basses to two subwoofers) and finally Dirac Live Room Correction SW (that I own in the multichannel version)

I tried with several software like "DS WASAPI ASIO Mixer", Voicemeeter, Audio Link Pro, Virtual Cable... and have the feeling that it's possible, but also that I am too dumb to make it work :D

Thank you!

flow.png

4 hours ago, Miska said:

I'm doing something similar. But not with Dirac. Also the solution I have is not so great for video sources because of delay.

So, you are saying... better to do this in hardware (i.e. with an AVR)?

On 7/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, Ongii said:

So, you are saying... better to do this in hardware (i.e. with an AVR)?

I'm using HQPlayer for it. But I don't do video.

If you want video, you need to make some audio tradeoffs to deal with video sync, or you need both audio and video processed by the same software so it can buffer enough video to synchronize the picture and audio. AVR universally does this for your, regardless of source. But it comes with some trade-offs.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers