IGNORED

Roon Server --> HQ Player app on K50

Hi guys

Ive just setup the following combination Roon Server --> HQ Player app on K50 to DAVE. I am wondering how to output from Roon server to HQplayer on my desktop. Is there a way to do this either from Roon server to HQplayer (Desktop); OR Roon server to HQplayer NAA (K50) to HQplayer (Desktop). Theres also whether the added consideration of HQplayer Desktop or HQplayer client on my dekstop. Is there an easy way to make it work with just one HQplayer license, though I dont mind getting a license for embedded version and one for the desktop version. Thanks

22 hours ago, Vman890 said:

Ive just setup the following combination Roon Server --> HQ Player app on K50 to DAVE. I am wondering how to output from Roon server to HQplayer on my desktop. Is there a way to do this either from Roon server to HQplayer (Desktop); OR Roon server to HQplayer NAA (K50) to HQplayer (Desktop). Theres also whether the added consideration of HQplayer Desktop or HQplayer client on my dekstop. Is there an easy way to make it work with just one HQplayer license, though I dont mind getting a license for embedded version and one for the desktop version. Thanks

Technically, you can add as many "HQPlayer zones" as you want on Roon, and have as many HQPlayer servers running as you want.

You just add each HQPlayer to Roon use the instance's IP address (unfortunately Roon doesn't support HQPlayer discovery).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 hours ago, Miska said:

Technically, you can add as many "HQPlayer zones" as you want on Roon, and have as many HQPlayer servers running as you want.

You just add each HQPlayer to Roon use the instance's IP address (unfortunately Roon doesn't support HQPlayer discovery).

Are you the developer of HQplayer

This is the error i get when trying to play from Roonserver on my K50 to  my trial HQplayer on my desktop which is running. Not sure how to get more information and next steps to troubleshoot. Thanks

image.png

3 minutes ago, Vman890 said:

Are you the developer of HQplayer

This is the error i get when trying to play from Roonserver on my K50 to  my trial HQplayer on my desktop which is running. Not sure how to get more information and next steps to troubleshoot. Thanks

image.png

Does HQPlayer standalone playback work? You have the "Allow control from network" button pressed in HQPlayer toolbar? And firewall is not blocking Roon from connecting to HQPlayer?

9 hours ago, Vman890 said:

I was going to buy a license for the embedded, do I have to buy one for the desktop Windows PC as well?

Desktop and Embedded licenses are separate, as these are two separate products.

8 hours ago, Vman890 said:

Also what do i change in the embedded HQplayer version to enable volume to be adjusted through the Roon interface?

Unless you have enabled fixed volume or Direct SDM in HQPlayer settings, volume should be adjustable through Roon.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got things to start working, albeit it took me a few weeks of dribs and drabs and also Antipodes had to do a version update

I also finally downloaded HQplayer NAA and client (today) am having trouble making the embedded pass on a signal to my desktop that i can hear.

The antipodes embedded HQplayer shows following options

image.png.a5ec2524bf1312446cad4a6d93faf09d.png

But roon doesnt play file (in the following it is stuck in play mode but track not advancing) nor does it give any error

image.png.8490b416189f432d74d71442153bcc0f.png

And meanwhile my client correctly sees HQplayer (as below), yet  no sound comes out

image.thumb.png.267d75e2ba76db41d29513b3ceb13adb.pngLastly, in the volume mixer HQPlayer client does not show up as a program.

These are the sound output options showing on my PC & i listen through the highlighted option

image.png.c5871cb06f776dabb46fb1f7bc30bb0c.png

Not sure where the error is and how to rectify it

11 hours ago, Vman890 said:

Oh, and overall HQplayer config page on Antipodes music server looks like this

image.thumb.png.d945a2d7f0705d108020400734925bd7.png

You should use some specific output device instead of "Default".

I also finally downloaded HQplayer NAA and client (today) am having trouble making the embedded pass on a signal to my desktop that i can hear.

Can you explain why you want audio output from Antipodes to your PC instead of just running HQPlayer Desktop on your PC? It is pretty unusual setup.

But roon doesnt play file (in the following it is stuck in play mode but track not advancing) nor does it give any error

Is HQPlayer correctly configured in Roon and selected as Roon audio output? Does HQPlayer playback work standalone (without Roon). First step is to make HQPlayer play properly standalone, before adding Roon on the front. Otherwise it is much harder to troubleshoot where the issue is.

Lastly, in the volume mixer HQPlayer client does not show up as a program.

That is because HQPlayer Client doesn't have any audio output. It is just an application to control HQPlayer.