IGNORED

Article: Bangkok Trip Report: Final Part

Hi Sajid, great write-up. When I read the following, I thought to myself, it's a tough job, but someone had to do it :~)

"I had auditioned over 11 separate day-long critical listening sessions on my recent trip to Bangkok. This part will focus most only on flagship electrostatic headphones (and high-end DACs), starting with Stax’s latest offering, the much-awaited SR-X9000."

I really liked your honest take on the new Stax. Realizing a headphone isn't for you and honestly reporting that, and why, is very helpful for others thinking about the same product. I'm sure some people will think it's the best headphone ever produced, and that's totally cool, but a counterbalance is always nice. 

I was really happy to also read about your experience with the dCS APEX technology. 

"I first tried the Rossini APEX with the Shangri-La SR. There was an immediate and massive change in the Shangri-La JR’s presentation. It became the best sound I have ever heard off headphones. I was reminded of YouTubers and fellow audiophiles who insisted DACs do not make a difference, and I smiled."

Everyone I know has said similar things when listening through speaker systems. It's nice to read your opinion based on excellent headphone listening. Bravo!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...