IGNORED

Klipsch RP600M

DaveC83

Question

Hi Everyone 

I'm waiting on my new set of Klipsch RP600M to arrive to be honest I'm really excited as it took some scraping together to get them I already own a set of RP302M for my sides so I was hoping to put the 600Ms at the rears replacing my R51M, I'm currently running a 7.2 pioneer vsx-933 reciver at 80 watts a channel my center is the klipsch R34C works well but I would like to upgrade to the RP504C to match the rest of my RP speakers after that i would like to purchase the RP8000F then work towards upgrading my sub, I'm really new to this subject so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I believe my reciver can handle it but would like some general advice 

Thanks 

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, DaveC83 said:

Hi Everyone 

I'm waiting on my new set of Klipsch RP600M to arrive to be honest I'm really excited as it took some scraping together to get them I already own a set of RP302M for my sides so I was hoping to put the 600Ms at the rears replacing my R51M, I'm currently running a 7.2 pioneer vsx-933 reciver at 80 watts a channel my center is the klipsch R34C works well but I would like to upgrade to the RP504C to match the rest of my RP speakers after that i would like to purchase the RP8000F then work towards upgrading my sub, I'm really new to this subject so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I believe my reciver can handle it but would like some general advice 

Thanks 

Do you know that there is a mk 2 version of the RP600M just out?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

5 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

Do you know that there is a mk 2 version of the RP600M just out?

Hey Richard Yes but for an extra $200 for little to no difference I opted to go for the original 600m at a cost of $900, do you have a set? Or do you have any recommendations 🤔 

2 minutes ago, DaveC83 said:

Hey Richard Yes but for an extra $200 for little to no difference I opted to go for the original 600m at a cost of $900, do you have a set? Or do you have any recommendations 🤔 

I’ve got a pair of the original RP600Ms which I’ve modified a bit and I’m very pleased with them. You won’t go far wrong with the originals, but I’d like to hear the new ones though and hear if they’re worth the extra $200.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

3 hours ago, DaveC83 said:

Just curious did you upgrade the speakers with the kits that https://gr-research.com/ 

supply and was it hard to retrofit 

I was inspired to start modifying my Klipschs by the GR Research videos but I didn’t use his design or kit. I wrote up what I did here:

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/modifying-the-klipsch-rp-600m.94059/