IGNORED

JCAT Net XE Bridged Connection

The instructions say to use only one port on the card for best quality. I am going to use a bridged connection on my Windows Server 2022 machine, with one port connected to the LAN, and the second connected to my Linn DSM Streamer. Should I use both ports on the JCAT card or use the motherboard NIC for the internet connection?

You can safely use both ports on the NET Card XE and get better sound than using motherboard LAN port. 

I wrote that guide having specific scenario in mind: JPLAY dual PC mode. The suggestion was to connect 'dirty' part of the network to motherboard LAN port and the port on the JCAT NET Card directly to another JCAT Net Card installed in Audio PC. In this scenario, the 'dirty' connection is used only for transmitting data required for a remote app. The music files are directly on the music server. 

In any other scenario I recommend using both ports on the JCAT NET Card. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Thanks. That is what I had assumed. The LAN connection from the ASUS router is fibre into a switch then copper out to the server, so hopefully this is also reducing the router noise. 
I assume there will be a break in period on the card which is powered by your Initio PSU. 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, tyke2806 said:

Thanks. That is what I had assumed. The LAN connection from the ASUS router is fibre into a switch then copper out to the server, so hopefully this is also reducing the router noise. 
I assume there will be a break in period on the card which is powered by your Initio PSU. 

Yes, absolutely. 

And yes, break-in period is recommended, at least 100h. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder