IGNORED

Thoughts on Spatial Audio speakers?

I own the M3 Sapphires. Very open, clear, and dynamic. They are revealing but are also non-fatigueing. My listening sessions can last up to 6 hours, and I listen loud. While some may find they lack sheer weight and impact, the bass is as natural and detailed as you'll experience. There are four 15" paper cone woofers that can move a ton of air, but the lack of cabinet resonance/reinforcement can make them sound thin in bass. It makes you realize how thick and bloated most box speakers can sound. The soundstage is very much behind the speakers. Soundstage depth is downright spooky at times.

Overall I'd say it's hard not to like them. They present music in such an effortless way. If you get a chance to audition them I think you'll be impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was the room, the accompanying system, or they just didn't suit your preference. I haven't read another impression describing them as dark and cluttered. They are very clear and coherent because of the open baffle design, and if anything can sound overly bright. When I first got my M3's I thought they sounded a bit too bright, but I am also sensitive to sibilance. From viewing the aforementioned New Record Day videos, I get the impression the AMT tweeters in the X-series have even more presence and bite in the highs than the M-series.

I don't intend to diminish your opinion, but something must have been wrong with the room or equipment to make Spatial Audio speakers sound dark and cluttered. Usually they are perceived to be the polar opposite.