IGNORED

Audirvana Origin

On 5/2/2022 at 3:13 PM, Jud said:

... So that's the explanation - Damien has given a large number of users what they asked for.

He only forgot how much Audirvana 3.5.50 was!

With only black on lack appearance and the newest DSD upsampler the 3.5 would be fine.

I paid for US$ 40.00 for the 3.5 upgrade, why now I have to pay almost 3 times more?

Origin has a more open and transparent sound than 3.5.50 relaxed presentation, maybe r8brain effect, I'm trying it for more 3 weeks, but I will not spend so much for so little improvement!

I think Damien have to think more about 3.5.50 customer base if he want they migrate to Origin.

BTW, how many customer have 3.5.50, Origin and Studio?

P.S.: HQPlayer sounds much better than Origin and Studio!

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s because software is expensive to write, maintain, and support. I’d also guess that the cost of peoples USB cables is far greater than the cost of this software. Which business should receive the complaints, the one that charges more but makes a product that requires zero ongoing support, or Audirvana?

Audirvana is only my library management, my only player is HQPlayer...

And I like to spend money with companies like Signalyst that its owner is available all the time, Damien now is so important for give us attention and I will not support this! 

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

...Suggesting Damien is so important and that’s why he doesn’t give people the attention they seek, is preposterous. 

How many replies he gave to your questions last year, Chris? If none, that is preposterous!

I'm only a customer of an outdated version of Audirvana, but you is the guy!

BTW, I paid for US$5,000 for a NBS Black Power Cable, my USB cable costs 6 times the Origin full price, but I don't pay for US$100 for an Audirvana update.

DAC and software change every day, they have to be cheap, or at least non expensive! With speakers, amplifiers and critical cables, I can spend a lot of money and I am happy with them.

I worked 22 years for an american big TI company, I understand very well about costs and prices.

PS: Sorry for my poor English, I'm from Brasil with S, not Z, and portuguese is my language...

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I met with him and his team in Munich. I understand the separation of duties going on there and I don’t expect him to reply. I often hear from Antione. 

Some days I bet Jussi would love to hire a support person to help him answer questions. Damien has done this and it enables him to do what he does best, work on the product. 

He trusted in my ears and asked for I test some beta versions, but this is the past...

2.png

1.png

59 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

At one time Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak responded to customer emails. Companies grow. 

Your company is growing every day and you is giving attention to your customers and answering to them as you are doing with me by now!

Thank you for been available, attentive and respectful...

57 minutes ago, Mark Robinson said:

This is only true if you love the sound of oversampling. As a grammy winning mastering engineer, I can tell you point blank that oversampling pulls the master away from the original analog sound.  

How do I know this?  Because I have mastered countless songs from half inch 2 track tape (ATR-102), and the moment you start oversampling the original PCM transfer, you leave the analog capture behind and move towards a DSP sound that many people love because it makes them think their systems sound better than they really are.

When I listen to Audirvana VS HQPlayer using my 96khz PCM transfer (via Lavry Savitr ADC), I cannot say HQPlayer sounds better. 

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm sorry, but I love natural sound, and for my taste and ears, HQPlayer sounds better always, even with or no upsampling to PCM or DSD.

Lately I prefer listen HQPlayer upsamplig to 705.6/768kHz with PCM sources and DSD256 on Mac OS or DSD512 on Windows with DSD sources. 

Origin sounds more open e transparent than Audirvana 3.5 also with or no upsampling, but they let traces of fadigue after a few hours what never happens with HQPlayer!

Congratulations for your grammy awards! 👏👏👏

PS: Why only seven posts in seven years with so huge background?

I think we have so much to learn with you, Mark!

1 hour ago, Mark Robinson said:

I believe both my DS DACs are filtering and oversampling.  Some projects sound better when I transfer thru them, but most projects I prefer R2R NOS. The R2R NOS transfers are typically a little darker, but this can be easily made up for with a gentle shelving EQ.

I have no problem with how people like to enjoy their music in their homes (im not sure how this applies?), but I do have a problem when a delivery format changes the intended sound of a master while operating under the guise of transparency.

For example, I have a few thousand masters on Tidal that have been MQA'd after my delivery to the client.  The MQA process represents a clear deviation from the sound I delivered to the artist or label who hired me.  Im allowed to object to what MQA is doing because they are altering my work after the fact. In a similar way, this is what is happening to my masters when they are massively oversampled for playback - the sound deviates from the engineer's intention.

MQA is a joke! A newer version of lossy MP3... 🤣🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...