IGNORED

HQPlayer settings for specific DACs

smooring

Hi Miska , i'm using a SMSL D300 with the Rohm Chip what filter would you use with this dac  , it can accept DSD512 ..

i like Polisync LP2s  with DSDEC  at 512  but it takes 54% of the proccessor 😅

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

finaly i have found a setup working fine with the SMSL D300  and low CPU resource 

Polysinc Gauss long ( hi rez) ; DSD5V2 256fs  , DSD512  ..  sounds way better than any configuration in upsampled PCM...

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

• 4 weeks later...

Run it at DSD256, with it's DSD filter frequency set to the lowest corner.

what do you mean by lowest corner ?   the SML D300 have a 13K  26K  or 52K cutoff 

you 

37 minutes ago, MarcMarc said:

I would need setting recommendations for the SMSL D300 as well.

Cutoff at 13khz, fixed mode. And I want DSD256.

Running on a M1 MacBook Air that I don't want to max out. Because the CPU gets to 70+ degrees super fast.

Looking for some "light" settings.

I currently have this running and the CPU stays reasonable cool and there is no skipping at all.

Screenshot_2023-05-18-14-35-44-653_com.roon.mobile.jpg

ASDM7EC light works as well.

you know you are not using polysinc short or DSD5modulator  with DSD source ?🙂

anyway   your dac your ears your choice .  but  Polysinc ext2 with ASDM5 x512   or ASDM5EC x 256 is what i use with the SMSL D300