IGNORED

HQPlayer settings for specific DACs

smooring

I am very new to HQP (2nd day) and have been reading hundreds of posts here trying to learn about the capabilities of HQP. One thing I have not seen, but could have easily missed it, is a place where people can list their favorite HQP settings for different DACs. I know everyone is different and their preferred settings might be different than mine but it would be nice to have a starting point(s) from which to begin exploration….especially with a program such as HQP which has so many possible options. If something like this is not posted elsewhere I’m going to suggest that people post a screenshot of their HQP settings starting with a listing of the DAC being fed by HQPlayer.  You could also include a brief description of why you chose the settings you did.

I currently have a Mac Mini M1 running both Roon and HQPlayer feeding a Benchmark DAC3B. I would love to hear what settings other Benchmark DAC owners are using. I also have a Holo Spring 3 KTE coming in about a week so I would be interested in what settings other Holo Spring or May owners might be using…but please don’t limit your responses to these DACs as I’m sure there are many people like me out there who are just starting out and feel a little overwhelmed at the myriad of setting in HQP!

Ethernet -> EtherREGEN (w/Afterdark LPS & Master Clock) -> Cat-8 Ethernet -> MacMini M1 16GB -> Roon -> HQPlayer-> (USB) -> Holo Spring 3 KTE -> (XLR) -> MiniDSP SHD -> (XLR) -> Benchmark ABH2 -> B&W 802 D2

On 1/21/2022 at 2:05 AM, Mark Labbett said:

well from the tittle of the thread and the reply i just thought that there would be DAC specific best settings and if there is then i am inquiring as to what those might be.

Yeah, that is what I had hoped for when I posted. Sadly no such luck

Ethernet -> EtherREGEN (w/Afterdark LPS & Master Clock) -> Cat-8 Ethernet -> MacMini M1 16GB -> Roon -> HQPlayer-> (USB) -> Holo Spring 3 KTE -> (XLR) -> MiniDSP SHD -> (XLR) -> Benchmark ABH2 -> B&W 802 D2