IGNORED

Article: A Musical and Audiophile Journey

Probably it's impossible to be 100% correct about the relative contributions of raw talent, practice and temperament in accounting for progress with a musical instrument. Someone who says it's for sure a particular permutation of these would sound to me like the old-timer attributing his longevity to whusky, women or wild-living. I lol when you said "my attention span as a seven year old was fairly short". Mine still is - and that's why I'm not a rock star!

Congratulations on the Taylor. Looks very, very nice. Guitars are like rock 'n' roll! The best of what is available evolved and is made in the USA (he said with admiration from the UK). I had a Taylor Special Edition of some sort once, and I've owned a Gibson J-180 too. I own a Martin D-42 now.

If you're improving switching between D and A, I guess I got a bit further than you as a child. I wish, wish, wish I had more time for guitar, Maybe next year will expand favourably in this way for me. I know in the end we prioritise what we prioritise. I agree with you totally about the enhancement of musical appreciation that follows familiarity with a musical instrument. Can be just insight into the nature and structure of music. Can be to play along to your favourites.

Wish you well with your playing endeavours.