IGNORED

Harmann Kardon amp

jeremyrutman

Question

I got an HK TS2 sub at a local Goodwill and thinking I'd finish the job ordered a set of five satellite speakers of the same name , four labelled SAT TS2 and one labelled CEN TS2 .
Now that I've  got a kind of 5+1 set of speakers what would be a suitable amp to drive them - and to enjoy 5.1 sound what sources would I use ? cd's are stereo iiuc -  are some TV signals on my
Roku smart TV broadcasting in 5.1 ?  Is this kind of signal sent over hdmi cables ? Sorry for my cluelessness, its been a while since I hooked up my parent's non-retro tube amp to the record player...
I do love high-quality audio and mostly listen to classical , jazz and metal thru some Bose headphones, the HK is intended for a living room setup complementing the smart TV - maybe I should just go with one of those sound-bars that do seem to do quite a respectable job?

Thanks

JR

1 answer to this question

What you need is an Audio Visual (AV) multi-channel receiver, either 5 or 7 channel - it sounds like you're comfortable with 5 channel to start and that likely makes things easier. 

I'm not into surround sound or multi-channel setups but I suspect anyone here will give the same advice.  Start with something you can afford, get it working and go from there.