IGNORED

Article: DIY Music Server and Streamer for the Audio Hobbyist

Bob,

Have you tried or heard of anyone using a Pi Juice battery pack to power a Pi during playback?

Jeff

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

• 1 month later...

Running 2 pi's with LMS/material and picoreplayer with tweaks, Pi2AES, Keces 5v and 24 volt switching supply into a Holo Spring Dac and Crack/HD650 headphones. Using SPDIF.

Coming off of Roon and/or Euphony. Goodbye Roon!

The instrument separation and location(ing) is unbelievable. Classical music is so much fun to listen to now.

I don't think I have experienced a soundstage like this - every instrument has its own space.

I would never believe that a pi system could sound this good.

Looking for a good 24v PS.

My vote for article of the year!

TY!

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

On 11/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, bobfa said:

Yes!  Most of the tweaks are on the Squeezelite endpoint software.  LMS is pretty standard but has my best power supply on it.

Somewhere along the line, I read to review all the plugins in use in LMS and turn off those not needed. I have done that. I run 3, Rescan, Material and Quboz. I sometimes add Radio and Podcasts back in.

• 4 months later...

Hi Bob,

I am testing PGGB and wondering if piCorePlayer can ingest a large upsampled wav file and downsample it to 192K for the PI2AES? Or would that be more of a LMS function?