IGNORED

Best Ethernet Cards for Streaming

On 10/19/2021 at 12:58 AM, Miska said:

Shielded ethernet cables... STP/SFTP.

That is the only specification compliant shielded type. I would never recommend to use any non-spec compliant cable. I know there are many "ethernet" cables, just like there are many "USB" cables, that would never pass a certification test.

Well Audioquest for example is doing a lot of R&D, and along with their Ethernet Diamond cable are providing one that got all around the world amazing feedback. But they are also using shielding in that cable - or did I get this wrong?

• 7 months later...
On 8/8/2022 at 9:09 PM, Superdad said:

@JohnSwensonwill be including a bunch of information on this very subject as part of something we are preparing to help guide @TomJ's investigations.  

The place the CM noise matters most is at the differential between the DAC clock's input pin and the ground plane. And the frequencies examined are important also (so far Tom/Eric has been looking much too broadband; 1MHz and far below--especially way down at AC line frequency and multiples--matter more).

That's all I'll comment on at the moment. Will leave the rest to JS.

Many are eagerly awaiting any findings, insights that could be helpful to the overall HiFi community. Could you give as a short update if @TomJhas received/is working with you on that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, Superdad said:

I know.  I’m traveling on a 3-week vacation this month and @JohnSwenson is still hard at work on the 3 test boards for EtherREGEN Gen2–and I am loath to distract him from that. Still, we have several times discussed providing at least some of the promised input soon. We really appreciate everyone’s patience in this. :)

Will the Gen.2 apart from functional upgrades like 1GB on B port also provide audible improvements?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...