IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

Apologies if this has already been asked (I haven’t read all 60+ pages yet 🤦🏻‍♂️)…

I have a Lumin U1 Mini which is upsampling to DSD and feeding that to my DAC 200. Because this is happening externally to the DAC, should I only be using the NOS filters, and steer clear of the FIR and BEZ filters? The manual indicates this but I’m not 100% sure why?

Thanks in advance, Bob

5 hours ago, Woolf said:

No no, absolutely no problem, I only just found the info I got from OE333, who really is a great supporter in this forum.
This was also important for me because I prefer the "DSD-Sound" and know now that I don´t have to invest time with the filters.

So in knowing this I have a filter set which then has influence in my CD listening which is great that I don´t have to switch when changing between DSD and the PCM.

Have a great day1

So does that mean that I can still set a filter, and it will be applied to non DSD files, but when the DAC detects a DSD file it will bypass all the filtering? Maybe one that @OE333 could answer?

Hi there… the Chord M Scaler will upsample if you already have a streamer? Or an Auralic Aries? Both very solid units. 
I have a Lumin U1 Mini and use it to stream and up sample to DSD and it sounds absolutely great!

I tried up sampling to DSD with my Roon Nucleus and I didn’t think it sounded too bad at all, but the Nucleus itself didn’t cope too well with the processing overhead and kept dropping out and was generally unstable, so I switched over to the Lumin instead. Rock solid ever since.

Do you already have a streamer? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hang on, so the recommended way to update is using an MP200, which I don’t have, or to use the interface cable for which you need a windows computer, which I don’t have (I use Macs). 
Is there any other method I could use or am I stuck on the firmware version I have?

24 minutes ago, OE333 said:

Does your dealer have a MP200 ?

Maybe you can ask him to do the update for you...

Possibly, but I bought their ex demo unit and they’re 500 miles away in Scotland! I’ll see if I can find a dealer more local who might be able to do it.
I guess failing that I could virtualise Windows on a Mac 🤔