IGNORED

I am trying to find a hiqh quality, balanced pre-amp...

On 9/21/2021 at 1:19 PM, AudioDoctor said:

The XP-22 is $9500 and I am not too interested in going much further. And I am also not sure that performance delta over the XP-12 is worth the price delta between the two.

Am I correct assuming you did audition both in your room If I may also inquire, what speakers do you employ with your PASS Labs XA30.8, please

On 10/18/2021 at 6:17 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I have on order a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova 2.

They are gorgeous indeed, but 88 dB SPL (2.83V/1 m)... Your experience demonstrates I was very wrong not even considering any speakers with sensitivity lower than 90 dB to pair with my XA30.5... I certainly do not want to hijack the thread, but could you please tell me if you auditioned any SW1X DAC's before deciding on your excellent Lampizator DAC?

On 10/8/2021 at 1:22 PM, AudioDoctor said:

SO I just had to look and see where in the area Atma-Sphere is located... Ralph could almost walk it to me.

Please, please do keep us posted!

23 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't think I have had it out of Class A yet. Stout would be a good word to describe a Pass amp.

And that at 87 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m)! Stout indeed!

23 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

... I had an opportunity to hear the Pacific and was captivated by it...

Way, way out of my price range of up to 5 - 6K, unfortunately enough... Will try to arrange for an audition of HOLO Audio MAY DAC in my room... I see this R2R DAC is quite popular here, and John Atkinson was also very pleased with it.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:33 PM, Kimo said:

I primarily used an XP 20 with the 60.8s and 30.8, but if I were to do it again, I would at least try to audition a tube pre from BAT.  If I were staying with solid state, I would probably just partner with a Pass pre.  I would not go with a passive.

Thank you very kindly for your input! 😀Tube pre... Do you believe there can be a true synergy between the SS XA30 amp and a reasonably priced (BAT, IMHO, are way too overpriced...) tubed pre like, for example, Atma Sphere MP-3 If staying with solid state... Did you enjoy the SOUND of your 30.8 and XP-20 pair, please Would you say the XP-20 was a step up from the XP-10 (I am quite familiar with the latter)