IGNORED

Researching SD Card Transports

I'm still not quite sure what the problem to be solved is, but I've confirmed that my Bluesound Node can find content on an SD plugged into my Surface Pro located on the same network. The content appears to transfer flawlessly via WiFi. So I guess the Node qualifies as an SD "transport" (seems an odd term for something that's absolutely stationary).

I believe the same thing probably true for pretty much any DAC with a USB input if one gets digital out from one's Android or iOS device, no? I'm also assuming the device will accommodate an SD card.

8 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

Well, just about any devices with an optical drive could be considered CD "transports" of some sort with that kinda logic.

Pretty much.  I'm not sure how one gets better zeroes and ones by spending more on an "audiophile" digital transport of any kind.

7 minutes ago, bobfa said:

You might be VERY surprised VERY!  Spend some more time around here, go listen some more.  

You can watch some videos from:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4tuhqPppVp-PD0q17sPEA

and much more.

I would be as surprised by finding that one stream of zeroes and ones varies from another, mathematically identical stream, as I would to find that apples fall upward from the tree.  But I don't doubt that "experiments" can be designed to make some people think they do.