IGNORED

FS: Border Patrol SE-i DAC (Like New)

FS: Border Patrol SE-i DAC (Like New)

Reluctantly selling the venerable tube rectified Border Patrol SE-i Dac.  Bought new directly from Border Patrol in August of 2020.  In like new condition.   The SE-i model features the Jupiter beeswax film and foil signal capacitors, a custom R-core power transformer, and a ELNA Cerafine power supply reservoir capacitor.  This is the USB version.

Paid $1450 new.  Asking $950 + shipping/ PayPal.

With the tube switched in the circuit, the BorderPatrol DAC is all about the flow of the music. Unlike the majority of digital converters I have sampled, I seemed to relax when I listen to this unit. I become involved and interested in the music and not the component. I listened longer and deeper into the structure of the music.”. - The Audio Beatnik

The BorderPatrol SE-i DAC seems to scrape the burned part off the digital toast so you can put on your butter and jam and simply enjoy it. Yet it doesn’t sound like any highs are filtered. So while neither detail nor resolution seems in any way compromised, there is a relaxed feeling to the sound.” - Part Time Audiophile