IGNORED

Help me understand - vinyl vs CD

You mention the demo room as "dedicated"...was it optimized?  Sound panels etc?  how does that compare to your room?

Personally...I like vinyl more than digital.  But it depends on the table.  I have never heard a high-end table.  I used a Music Hall MMF-5 for a while...loved it.  Then I dropped it...literally.  I replaced it with a Rega P3-24 and Dynavector 10x5 cartridge.  By all accounts a better setup.  And it sounded a bit cleaner and leaner.  Digital gods forgive me but give the 2nd order distortion (or whatever it is) because I like it.  Vinyl "flows" much better than digital for me.

The argument for digital is nebulous for me.  I listen to rock music in grungy bars and in outside venues (ACL MusicFest).  I seldom do pristine music halls (Eddy Vedder Ukulele tour being the most recent exception) so distortion is the name of the game.  But does the emotion of the music come through?  Then I am in and I can forget the interferences.  Just like the occasional snap and pop of vinyl does not bother me.

the Linn was probably tuned to perfection and it tickled you.  I wish I had been with you.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers