IGNORED

The DXE-ISO-PLUS filter thread for various network, cable experiments

Just ordered two of these units and had a chance to open them up.  There was still a lot of uncleaned flux on my unit.  Also, I was expecting to see some sort of filter but instead what you see is what you get.  Strangely enough, it does work to bring forth a lot of missing detail and resolution, but for me I lost some musicality.  Meaning, the bass was tighter with the DXE but the notes being so tightly defined made them feel like distant and distinct little instances with zero total interaction.  All music felt extremely precise and each instrument and vocalist was its its own little bubble, like each person was recorded independently and then put together in post.  It didn't feel like multiple people in a room playing in harmony.  Took these units out, which again shouldn't make any difference because, well, just look at them, and now all of a sudden everything got softer and rounder and slightly blurrier.  This sounds like a bad thing, but actually the slight bleeding of the bass and the instruments gave everything a sense of togetherness and presence again.  I guess another way of putting it, since I'm already knee deep is that listening with the DXE is like being out at night with zero percent humidity in the air, clear as hell but also dry as hell.  I gave them a shot, but not for me.  I'll still keep them for further experimentation down the line, just thought I'd share my findings.  Thanks to the OP for starting this discussion, wouldn't have know about them otherwise and it was worth the purchase just to learn and experiment with.

DXE2.thumb.jpg.d24089d5ea62769b91cee59f2e549e33.jpgDXE1.thumb.jpg.d9b420fb186b3f6e34cb0a188c79ab9c.jpg

• 4 months later...