IGNORED

A toast to PGGB, a heady brew of math and magic

I installed PGGB-RT a little while ago into foobar but have not be able to get it started.

Foobar v1.6.9. Just cloned my 120GB SSD c: to a new 500GB SSD in case it was that. 425GB free now.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 21H2 with all current updates.

GA-H81.Amp-UP mb, 16GB ram, Intel i5-4460T

Everytime I start foobar and look at the console I see

Components loaded in: 0:00.932679
Configuration read in: 0:00.134356
foobar2000 v1.6.9 [standard]
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.102812
foo_upnp: succesfully loaded file C:\Users\stere\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\foo_upnp.xml
foo_upnp: initialized in 0.008s
PGGB-RT init failed: I/O error (win32 #536)
FFmpeg version: 4.3.1
Startup time : 0:02.518989

Using ASIO and now tried ASIO2 in the output.

Is that something obvious to others I need to do to get it started?

Is this error mean I have something setup wrong? PGGB-RT init failed: I/O error (win32 #536)

I could always try a reformat of Windows. I think I did that about a year ago but ported over all my settings for foobar etc. This being my media PC for 8 years with different Windows versions over time.

2022-01-19_121014.jpg

10 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

The foobar component works by sending the data across to a 64bit dll (Because foobar does not support native 64 bit processing and foobar-rt needs the most accurate processing we can use). The error indicates this communication pipeline is broken. One possible reason for this is an antivirus software interfering. If you can temporarily disable an antivirus software you are using and check if the issue persists. If it still persists, we will have to create a special version for you that will provide more information on what exactly is failing.

Also if you downloaded foobar from Windows store, please try uninstalling and installing foobar directly from the foobar site.

Thank you. I gave it a shot to disable the Microsoft built in Windows security. Even put in a exclusion for folder foo_pggb_rt and no go still. I always go to Foobar website to download the latest one.

I will try at some stage formatting and setting up windows again. As there is not much on this PC now. Used now for mainly Audio only.

Might try uninstalling Foobar and reset that up, now I know this is not a common error problem for others.

I have a JCat usb XE card in there going to a Singxer SU-6 then Holo Dac.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:55 PM, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Please email [email protected] for further support related to foobar-RT

Thanks to Zaph and Dan for helping me fix my problem.

It was my user error and Zaph has an excellent guide which I missed following a key point.

I just needed to install the latest Microsoft runtime and reboot and all working.

I really appreciate you guys for your help on this.