IGNORED

iTunes problem - help, please

rom661

OK, I've been trying to figure this out without bothering anyone, but...

I recently upgraded to a new Mac mini. I had all sorts of problems with my music library, located on an external drive. I had dupes of everything. I seem to have figured that out and virtually all of my music is showing up in iTunes, without dupes and will play. However none of the songs are checked. They will play but I can't play an album. One song, then it stops. When I do Add to the Library, it creates duplicates. If I delete the highlighted songs left after the Add.. command, it seems to remove the artist from my hard drive; except it still plays. I have checked and iTunes does show the external drive as my library location.

If anyone knows of a place a dunce like me can go to that explains the options re: controlling the library, I would really appreciate. I've looked at a couple of books and they just skim the surface. I do have Consolidate Library and the Copy to Library active in iTunes preferences.

Rick

I can drag songs to an Amarra playlist and it will play the whole list rather than just one.

Audio Research DAC8, Mac mini w/8g ram, SSD, Amarra full version, Audio Research REF 5SE Preamp, Sutherland Phd, Ayre V-5, Vandersteen 5A\'s, Audioquest Wild and Redwood cabling, VPI Classic 3 w/Dynavector XX2MkII