IGNORED

Article: Desktop Audio For The Apple Pro Display XDR

It’s a well written gushing article. Sorry but the “warm” or “non fatiguing” stuff doesn’t cut it. I just want neutral clear sound. Xeo ain’t it. I have their big brother, Xeo 20. 

Xeo 10 are not discontinued. They’re the starter speaker in the lineup. Their older versions are discontinued — Xeo 2 has now become Xeo 10 and Xeo 4 has become Xeo 20. 

The volume stuff is annoying as hell. When disabling the remote to use computer’s own volume (which is a basic feature), Xeo just defaults to the speakers’ top volume. This is incredibly stupid. 

Mike in North America responds early. But this is not consistent. Meanwhile Dynaudio support from the website will respond in a month if you’re lucky. 

And the speakers waking up after seconds is another stupid stupid feature. 

ive tried KEF etc and ultimately just settled on Edifier. Practical, cheap, and stellar sound. They’re clear and punchy and not at all fatiguing. They are exactly what you expect with volume and instant start. The bass is just right in R2000 DB. If one wants a bit more bass, the S2000 Pro might work too but I find R2000 DB is a super desktop nearfield monitor grade speaker for 300 bucks. 

For me Dynaudio has always been “almost there but not quite”. The recessed top end and lack of transparency is pathetic at that price — literally ten times that of Edifiers. I don’t want the CEO writing to me sometimes, I want better support. And I don’t want annoying antics like the remote controlled volume only. 

Sorry but no cigar. It sounds like something that someone spending 6,000 bucks on an Apple display would spend. One can get just as stellar a display from LG for 1/6th that price. 

• 2 weeks later...