IGNORED

SVS Subs Questions

I was going to order a SVS PB 3000 but, their out of stock direct from company. Does anyone know if the SB 4000 would serve about as well as the ported 3000 for music and some HT I do, listen to some rap music. The 4000 is quite a bit smaller.
PB 3000=800 WATTS RMS 2,500+ PEAK.
SB 4000=1,200 WATTS RMS 4,000 WATTS PEAK all opinions are appreciated. My room is 25x12x8ft. Thanks!

I own 2 of the SVS 4000 sealed subs and they are fantastic units. If you are primarily listening to music I believe you want sealed subs which tend to deliver tighter faster bass. Ported subs will reach down a bit deeper but at the expense of looser base with a bit of port chuff. That being said I would given the opportunity buy two of the SVS 3000 sealed units which were not available when I bought mine. As I understand it ( I would suggest confirming this on your own) the only difference between the 3000 and the 4000 is the little on sub screen. I use the app to make all the adjustments on the subs and have the screen turned off. 

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

Hello, I was going to order a PB 3000 thinking it might give me a little more low bass for HT. but they were out of stock. I went ahead and ordered one, SB 4000 since they were in stock hoping maybe it would be a little better than the 3000 for HT. with it's bigger amp. I've been using a DIY Sub with 15" driver 500 RMS watt Bash amp in a ported 24" cubed cabinet. I'm hoping, this will be an upgrade and not, a downgrade. I think, I may have listed my room size wrong it is 12x25x7ft wood floor mobile home. What are your thoughts on if I upgraded or no if you don't mind Thank You!🙂