IGNORED

Spotify at full CD resolution

MarkS

3 hours ago, photonman said:

I have been anxiously waiting for this reality.  I stayed with Spotify because of their superior interface, dynamic content delivery (AI) and their connect and this is the icing!  Now I am curious to know the pricing which I would bet has to be cheaper than Tidal but more than Amazon HD maybe?

I can’t see it costing more than Deezer HiFi or Qobuz which are both $14.99/month and if you pay upfront for a year Qobuz works out to $12.50/month. With Qobuz you also get higher than CD resolutions. With Deezer it’s the same CD resolution with a debatable UI/feature set. For Spotify to charge any more than either of them would be a joke even for the better feature set Spotify may have. Apple needs to step up their game now.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, loop7 said:

Does anyone think there's a remote possibility Spotify will not charge more for this new tier?

John Darko remarked in a video that he thought it's a possibility current Premium customers would not pay more.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.29.55 PM.png

If this response as it’s worded from Spotify in their community forums it looks to be a possibility although we should find out for sure sometime later this year:

Moderator Elena 
 2 weeks ago

Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2021-03-02

Hey folks, 

We're happy to say that we'll be setting this idea to ''Under Consideration'' since implementing it is in our current timeline.

Starting later this year, Premium subscribers in select markets will be able to upgrade their sound quality to Spotify HiFi and listen to their favorite songs the way artists intended. 

Take a look at our newsroom article here for more info.

Cheers!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-HiFi-Quality-Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44/idi-p/700006/page/365#comments

1 hour ago, Jud said:

I don't have a Spotify subscription. What artists/albums do you listen to that they have and Qobuz doesn't?

Not speaking for Samuel but of the ones I’ve found so far that Spotify has that Qobuz doesn’t:

a-ha - Cast In Steel

a-ha - Foot Of The Mountain

(also missing a few singles by them)

The Donnas - The Donnas

The Donnas - American Teenage Rock ‘N’ Roll Machine

The Donnas - The Donnas Turn 21

Good Sleepy - Dessert Before Dinner

Good Sleepy - Okay With The Way It Is, As Is

Good Sleepy - Rest Easy

Magnace - two different versions of Her Name (Qobuz has only one of the three)

Magnace - So Far Away

Magnace - Do You

Real Steal Soundtrack

Eddie Murphy - How Could It Be

Amerie - 4AM Mullholland

Amerie - After 4AM

Amerie - A Heart’s For The Breaking

Amerie - Curious

Ric Ocasek - Beatitude

Ric Ocasek - Nexterday

The Pool - Dance It Down/Jamaica Running

Night Ranger - High Road

The Bulk Of Golden Earring’s catalog

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band’s catalog

I’m sure there are several more but I haven’t gotten around to look yet.