IGNORED

Android Tablets with AptX HD support?

• 1 month later...

I only use Bluetooth when away from home, say on a walk or in a hotel bedroom, because of the limited range.

At home I use different technology for wireless listening.

I have Sennheiser RS185 headphones that work all over the house and garden. These are driven by either by a stand alone Chromecast Audio (CCA) *hard wired to my  house ethernet or from the headphone output of my Onkyo receiver with its built-in CCA**; that receiver is also hard wired to the house ethenet. The CCAs are fed by whatever tablet/phone is most convenient.

*the reason for hard wire is drop outs. When I got my stand alone CCA, to feed my old amp, it was wifi. This was very weak so I bought an adaptor to wire via ethenet; this ethernet was used to run my old laptop. As my house has cat 5 to many rooms and the outbuilding I have now added several WAPs, so have robust 5G wifi throughout the premises. I probably could rely on wifi to feed my CCA and receiver but as ethernet to hand I have used that.

**this was the setup I used for the listening test. The reason for two methods of driving the RS185 is convenience; stand alone CCA is normal. Getting at the headphone socket on the receiver is difficult, because of its location; wish that headphone to speaker switching had something like a software driven relay setup to change.