IGNORED

BIOS help to get to ASDM7EC DSD256 with HQPe & i9-9900K?

barrows

Not sure how relevant this is, as I'm using HQP Desktop on a Windows 10 PC with a  i7-10700K; but it has very similar performance to your i9-9900K.

It does DSD256 poly-sinc - ext2 ASDM7EC with no issue-even also running DRC convolution and other DSP equalization at the same time.

Total processor load is about 12%.

There is one scenario that does cause stuttering, and it is if I activate-check the HQP setting for "multicore DSP". Sounds counterintuitive, but that's what happens. Jussi wrote me that thatparticular setting is mainly for the non-Intel processors, and should be off for Intel (I hope I got that right).

Is there some similar setting active in your setup?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, barrows said:

You mean in concert with ASDM7EC to DSD 256?  I am pretty sure that would require GPU offload for the filter.  Most using i9-9900K have said with ASDM7EC one needs to use the two stage filters to have enough processing power for the modulator, but I'll give a few things a go when i have time.

The really serious filters like those need a CUDA for that modulator and rate. Jussi has pointed this out before.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)