IGNORED

Why Does SSD Sound Better Using Pure Music??

Forehaven

I'm using PM's memory and hog mode. In theory, since all music is put into RAM and plays from there, one should not be able to tell the difference b/w SSD or my ext. spinning drives. But I can, consistently, pick out the better sounding music off the SSD...it's more transparent, realistic, more details and longer decay just to mention a few.

I am surprised about this, and kind of bummed too. They don't make SSDs big enough, and too expensive. I know they only have so many read/writes before they die too, but boy, I wish this wasn't so. Spinning drives are so cheap and so big now. Just too bad 'memory mode' doesn't equal the playing field b/w the two types of drives. I may just copy files over to the SSD that I want to listen too, and delete them when I'm done. It's worth the effort, but who knows how long the drive will last doing this?

Anyone else notice this?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.