IGNORED

HQplayer 4 and Mac-mini M1

Bushikai

Hi there, I recently installed HQ Player 4 on my new MMM1 and I am new at this forum. The improvement of the Sound Quality compared to previously used Audirvana is even greater than expected. 😀 Nevertheless I am confronted with an issue, I could not solve so far and hope someone here has an answer to it. My Music ist stored on a QNAP NAS. I can find and pick the root directory for my music collection on the NAS as a source in the library scan and the scan starts to search for music files. So far so good. Unfortunately the scan stops surprisingly quick after maybe 60 seconds and fills the library with only a small fraction of the music, that ist stored under the root directory. I tried to scan several times with and without removing all previous entry and by Clear Scan as well. Checking/Unchecking Structure only or Extract covers did not make a difference. Any ideas? Thx in advance   

57 minutes ago, Miska said:

Is the content in supported format? Does HQPlayer have permissions to access the content? You could enable log file from HQPlayer settings, restart HQPlayer and initiate the scan. And then check the log file for any possible errors. Log called HQPlayer4Desktop.log is located in "~/.hqplayer" folder (you can use Finder's Go To menu option to get there). It is just a plain text file.

Thank you Miska, I checked the hqplayers product description and could not find ALAC as supported file format.  The majority of my music is represented in this codec. This seems to be the reason for my issue. If so, I have a lot of work to do. 😅 But anyway, its worth it.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

since a couple of days I have dropouts every 10 to 20 seconds running

48K DSD: Checked
DAC Bits: 20
Default Output Mode: SDM (DSD)
SDM Defaults:
1x = poly-sinc-gauss-xla
Modulator: ASDM7ECv2
Bit rate: 48K x 256
Multicore DSP: Greyed
Adaptive output rate: Checked

(thx musicjunkie917 - great sounding combination)

That is new. Any ideas, what could have happened or or anybody who has similar problems?

Note: CPU load now is >95% whereas before it showed 80%.

Change to poly since gauss long solves the problem with the dropouts, but sounds a little less dynamic and precise...

System: MM1, QNAP NAS or Qobuz, Optical Rendu, DDC: Singxer SU1, DAC: LKS 4 

Hi musicjunkie917 and Miska, thanks for your fast reactions. 

My system is dedicated to HQPlayer only. I made a screenshot, showing the tasks and the cpu usage. All performance cores seems to be busy. CPU usage overall 80%. For the screenshots HQPlayer-Client is playing as well. Usually I use a different notebook with the Client software as a "remote control". I send my HQPlayer desktop preferences in addition.Mac OS is Monterey 12.6.

Thank you both very much for caring!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-06 um 12.42.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-06 um 12.50.47.png

• 4 weeks later...