IGNORED

Lumin X-1 with 432 AEON Music server

azchump

I have a Lumin X-1 which I absolutely love.  Before this unit I had a Lumin A-1, Emm Lab Dac 2 V2 and a Laufer Teknik Memory Player.  I wanted to simplify my system so I purchased The X-1 and sold the other components.  Like all audiophiles, I am looking for that extra edge in sound performance.  So I am back to looking at music servers. I have done a ton of research and the one I am currently interested in is it small Company that makes the 432 AEON.  

Can anyone share if they have any experience with the 432? I would consider purchasing if I thought that it would further improve my sound from the Lumin X-1.  The 432 AEON is roughly $6k US so it is not chump change.  

I should say that I stream 100% of my music through Tidal / Qobuz.  I have all of my music stored on a Synology NAS.

The dealer you are referring to had a very serious health issue this past spring and he is still trying to recover.  I had a similar issue which resulted in me now being functionally blind.

I too am waiting for the same test results.  I am also trying to get information from other European audiophiles through What's Best Forum.  

Further....do you find that your sound has improved with the use of past servers with your X-1?  That is really what I am trying to determine as I think the X-1 is awesome.   I had a Laufer Teknik Memory Player and did not experience any sound improvement...at least that I could hear.  Consequently, I am cautious about buying another server.  

Did you consider Innuos?

Thanks for the detailed response.  I also live in Arizona in Gold Canyon at the base of the Superstition Mountains.  We really do not have a lot of options in Az for great equipment.  That is why I have been buying equipment from Dave in NJ and Larry from High-End Palace in Miami.  i even visited Dave in NJ to listen to equipment.  

I get my new speakers on Sunday. The owner of Viking Acoustic, David Counsell is driving from Sante Fe to deliver and set up for me.  I have been without music for a year while building my new house.  The speakers are Viking Acoustic Grande Voix.  They were on order for a year.  I recently received my amps - Canary Audio  Grand Reference 300 B mono amps with 16 300B tubes (125wpc) mated to C1800 Pre-amp.  So you can understand why i am so anxious to get my system operating and then to see if a server will juice it even more.  

2D1AF7D2-5B85-420A-B654-1D5E2E08E088.jpeg