IGNORED

Archimago on Greene vs Harley

Archimago/Greene/Harley  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Is soundstage a physical property of sound or something derived by   the brain, i.e., perceived?

It's a perception derived from certain physical characteristics of sound in a particular place/space.

Humans have their own ways they perceive sound. Some of it is hardwired, and some of it is a learned response/interpretation.

Likely that other animals perceive the same sound differently than us.

I'm also not sure that individual humans are consistent over time in how they perceive the same sound-soundstage.

Nor am I sure that humans raised in very different cultures/environments would perceive them the same. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)