IGNORED

DAC for desktop audio: pro audio?

Hey folks... ages since I’ve been around these parts as I’ve been happy and avoiding itches but now have a question.

Putting together a desktop audio system probably with a pair of Tannoy Gold monitors and existing B&W P5 headphones; stuck over interface... 

Option 1 (a or b): Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 or MOTU M4.

Option 2: Topping DX3 Pro headphone amp / DAC.

Has anyone compared these (or similar level pro audio and desktop headphone amp/DAC).

Connected to MacBook Pro and/or iMac.

Thanks

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

37 minutes ago, Audio_ELF said:

Hey folks... ages since I’ve been around these parts as I’ve been happy and avoiding itches but now have a question.

Hi Eloise 

It's great to see you posting again, however your question surprises me as you used to be one of the most informed people in this area,(well read)  and the one giving the valuable advice.

Kind Regards

Alex 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020