IGNORED

Article: KEF's New LS50 Collection

Just ordered a pair! I have been mightily impressed by the LS50 since it was introduced. A good friend was an early adopter and he still has his original set. Best sound to price ratio on the market bar none.

I needed a decent pair of speakers for our vacation home. Given that no other components other than my phone is required these fit the bill in spades. If I bring my laptop I also have Roon and all my musical files (>4k)! 

Now if they make a pair of Blades with the same abilities I might give up the 60K spent on McIntosh and B&W's I have invested😁

On 9/22/2020 at 6:37 PM, AudioDoctor said:

So correct me if I am wrong,but this thing will accept DSD, but it will be resampled down to 24/192, at best, no matter what?

I belive you are right. Regardless, In my experience anything above 24/96 is just numbers. Over 96 the difference you hear are dictated more by the fidelity of the master than any computer manipulation of the recording.  Regardless of of format I still have to find any digital format that con dethrone a 45 RMP analog record as far soundstage and nth degree musical reproduction is concerned. Even my kids can A/B it 100% of the time! The best digital file always sounds as a facsimile of the original master. Please don't make me explain why it just does. Also note: that type of vinyl release is rare, usually limited and quite expensive. In addition, it takes equally expensive turntables, cartridges and preamplification to be able to reproduce it.