IGNORED

The non-dedicated iMac music server...

When using Amarra, Pure music and the like, using async USB output settings within OSX midi, together with an asynch DAC or interface...

Is there a way of disabling other audio midi sounds (eg sound from web downloads or other computer generated audio files) coming through, whilst you are listening to music....

Better still, can these sounds be re-routed through the iMac's internal speakers whilst the asynch USB interface is being used.?

Thx again

wap...

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

This an OSX feature, or specific to one, or all of the music "players"?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Murph & Rob....

Thanks for this, but this only switches off computer sounds. It doesn't switch off or divert audio tracks embedded in the web, or youtube etc

What I am on about here is say you are casually listening through your great new expensive async usb hi fi set up (say with Amarra or Pure music) and also browsing the web on your computer.

Do you really want audio clips from the browsing coming through and destroying your hifi music?

No. You want this audio either disabled (it's a pain to try and find the mute all the time within the video stream)...or you want it coming nice and low through the imac speakers...

Is this asking to much?

Kinda old fashioned i know, but I'm used to working on my computer (having the audio turned down) and playing my music in the background through another source.

So are there any solutions for this within the software music players?

:)

Pure Music's Hog mode should deal with this...

Leave default audio as internal speakers.

Set Pure Music to use your Async USB device in Hog Mode.

Robert's your mother's brother!

As far as I know there isn't an equivalent on Amarra.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Some fellow audiophiles insist that the room is dark so they are not distracted. And you want to browse the internet???

Hehe, just pulling your leg. Can't you just reduce the volume on your keyboard (F10/11/12)? I don't mean iTunes. I never had this problem with the iMac I use for everything, because iTunes went via Airport and the rest via the iMac internals. But indeed, when I use Safari on the dedicated mini (really only to pre-listen to downloads), sound is output via the FireWire DAC2. So, I'd like to know also.

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.