5 hours ago, Abyss Man said:

Sean,

The trifecta is used as a collective word for the sms-200, Txusb-ultra and the sps-500. Actually I was wrong in using that word cause I don’t use the sps-500, all my LPS are now Farad 3. The Bricasti is a DAC with built in ROON ready function. I have never heard it though but reports say it’s very good at what it does and pricey too. 

Maybe @ducatiridercan chip in with his FR of the Bricasti. Btw, which model Ducati are u riding sir?

Thank you for your interest. My former ducati was a Foggy Monster S4 which I loved as much as my audio. Unfortunately a driver decided he wanted my lane more than his and now it’s no longer. I ride an MV Brutale Dragster now and it’s not nearly as refined as the much older Duc. 
In the past I mistakenly thought all chip based DACs sounded the same so I thought FPGA or bespoke silicon DACs were the way to go. But the creamy 3D Bricasti changed my mind. It doesn’t sound like any other chip based DAC. And now they are available with Ethernet bridges so you no longer need USB conditioners and lps’ I am tempted to go this way to free up real estate on my rack.