IGNORED

Revolution DAC issue

Hi,

I was trying to check what version of XMOS firmware I was on - now Rev DAC is recognised by TUSB audio control panel but not in Windows Sound Settings and Rev DAC display is now off. Have tried Rev DAC power off / on with no success. Please advise.

Firmware v1.01

Thanks, Haden

2 hours ago, Hadox said:

Hi,

I was trying to check what version of XMOS firmware I was on - now Rev DAC is recognised by TUSB audio control panel but not in Windows Sound Settings and Rev DAC display is now off. Have tried Rev DAC power off / on with no success. Please advise.

Firmware v1.01

Thanks, Haden

I realise what I've done - I think I interrupted a partial firmware update by powering off instead of repeating the steps as per the instructions.

Is this recoverable at home?

OK, I have been through step-by-step and definitely didn't do anything that wasn't on the instructions - didn't power off during firmware installation, only after the pop-up window notification that firmware update had failed, following transfer increment stalling.

With the XMOS evaluation driver installed, USB Audio Device Control Panel shows firmware v1.01 installed.

I couldn't get the DAC to play with the eval driver installed, so I have uninstalled it.

After many failed attempts, the Windows drivers have installed but Windows says the device is in use by another application, when I try and test it with the default Windows sound settings; no other applications are open.

I can't get it to play in Foobar (Asio, Wasapi, KS, DS) nor in Tidal.

I have swapped the shipped USB lead for a branded one I know works.

Power supply is 5v iFi Audio iPower which is rated at 2.5A

The DAC display panel is back up, but is unresponsive either by the front panel buttons or by the remote which has freshly charged batteries I know work.

I've run out of options on the XMOS / Windows driver side - I can try and re-flash with Thesycon firmware and drivers but will wait for a response here first.

These things happen.

6 hours ago, Hadox said:

OK, I have been through step-by-step and definitely didn't do anything that wasn't on the instructions - didn't power off during firmware installation, only after the pop-up window notification that firmware update had failed, following transfer increment stalling.

With the XMOS evaluation driver installed, USB Audio Device Control Panel shows firmware v1.01 installed.

I couldn't get the DAC to play with the eval driver installed, so I have uninstalled it.

After many failed attempts, the Windows drivers have installed but Windows says the device is in use by another application, when I try and test it with the default Windows sound settings; no other applications are open.

I can't get it to play in Foobar (Asio, Wasapi, KS, DS) nor in Tidal.

I have swapped the shipped USB lead for a branded one I know works.

Power supply is 5v iFi Audio iPower which is rated at 2.5A

The DAC display panel is back up, but is unresponsive either by the front panel buttons or by the remote which has freshly charged batteries I know work.

I've run out of options on the XMOS / Windows driver side - I can try and re-flash with Thesycon firmware and drivers but will wait for a response here first.

These things happen.

Forwarded PM please check

• 3 weeks later...