IGNORED

Turning off Windows Services

Switching off the Windows services improves SQ. I have now about 50 processes with remote and about 45 services without remote connection (the optimal operation). Some services can only be removed permanently by completely deleting them from the registry. For example Windows Update. @dminches How many processes do you run?

spacer.png

I have described my incomplete list here:

On 3/16/2020 at 1:04 PM, StreamFidelity said:

Building on that, it continues. 🙂

2.2.3 Switching off unnecessary services

While previous optimizations were largely without deep PC knowledge, this chapter requires more attention. If you click on the "Services" tab in the Windows Task Manager, you will see all existing services. The services that are running are interesting. Sorting is possible by clicking on "Status". Not all running services are needed.

I like to use regedit.exe. Take a look in Per-user services in Windows 10 and Windows Server . The start entry is set to "4" = Disabled.

34755126mt.jpg

At the moment I have switched off the following services (be careful to do that😞

AppXSvc

cbdhsvc

CDPUserSvc

TabletInputService

FDResPub

OneSyncSvc

UsoSvc

PlugPlay

LanmanServer

DoSvc

QWAVE

WpnUserService

wscsvc

WinHttpAutoProxySvc

wcncsvc

TokenBroker

StateRepository

SgrmBroker

mpssvc

cplspcon

cphs

jhi_service

igfxCUIService

LMS

BDESVC

SENS

DusmSvc

ShellHWDetection

More services can be switched off if Remote Control is not used. I currently have 60 processes active.

spacer.png

Many experts can do much less. In my experience, less is not the same as better. After every optimization, I therefore conduct a test with LatencyMon This is free software for private purposes and very reliably indicates malfunctions of, for example, faulty drivers during audio playback. For me, everything is green with extremely low latencies.

38074038cu.png

12 hours ago, dminches said:

Which audio software are you running?  Roon and HQPlayer?

Only the HQPlayer is running on my Audio PC. Also MinorityClean and PrimoCache. Then nothing.

12 hours ago, jrobbins50 said:

I have a middle position that works well for me. I go to Task Manager / new file / cmd and select Explorer. That brings up Windows Explorer and I select my Desktop, where I’ve stored shortcuts to everything of interest.

I like it. There is another way. The Task Manager stores a list of the most recently accessed programs. You just choose it.

39030633zu.png

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, oldfirm said:

I have been able to reduce my active services total to   98  in Windows 10.

This is my current status with 56 processes in Windows 10 Pro. more would be possible if I didn't need remote control. 😉

40673010wn.png