IGNORED

Tidal and MacOs Audio set-up

Hi all,

I am trying to help a friend of mine with this kind of set-up and problem: MacBook with latest MacOs updates, Tidal app and Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 digital a a Dac/headphone amplifier; the problem is that Macos overrides any Tidal app set-up (exclusive mode forced volume and MQA passthrough) and as soon as a track starts playing, reverts to internal speakers output.

In the Midi section DAC is the preferred output.

I'm trying to understand where the woe is, Is there some settings that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

I have not used the latest Tidal app, but is there a device icon where you select the output device?  Sometimes you have to use the programs to select the output device.  Look in the settings menu too.

Also, Tidal works well with the Audirvana application that many Mac users prefer for Tidal playback so you could try a 14 day trial version, just to see.  Mac users like to use it to bypass the Mac core audio system.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

3 minutes ago, photonman said:

I have not used the latest Tidal app, but is there a device icon where you select the output device?  Look in the settings menu too.

Also, Tidal works well with the Audirvana application that many Mac users prefer for Tidal playback so you could try a 14 day trial version, just to see.

in Tidal app dac is selected but the output reverts back to system contorlled by itself