IGNORED

DENAFRIPS TERMINATOR GOES PLUS

So, does Negative Phase mean out of phase, and Positive Phase mean in phase?  Why would Denafrips default to a setting of out of phase?

PS Audio has this option on their DS DAC, but they call it "in phase" and "out of phase".  This is absolute phase we are talking about, right?  It is very hard to notice a difference when toggling the phase button, so I am assuming both channels are switched, which makes it much harder to tell then when listening to speakers in which one is wired out of phase.  

McIntosh MC601s - C50 | Harbeth M40.3 XD | Holo May KTE  | SOtM sMS-200 Neo - sPS-500 | PS Audio P20 PowerPlant | SVS SB13-Ultra subs

1 hour ago, Dev said:

I don't have a T+, but I do have a T and I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever toggling this phase button. I also had a PS Audio DS and the "phase" toggle didn't matter either. I could be wrong but think for a full balanced differential preamps (which I use), it would not matter, however it might effect a single ended preamp design. Anybody can shred some light on this ?

Good to know, as my PrimaLuna Evo 400 is also a full balanced differential design.  Yes, anyone that can elaborate would be much appreciated!

McIntosh MC601s - C50 | Harbeth M40.3 XD | Holo May KTE  | SOtM sMS-200 Neo - sPS-500 | PS Audio P20 PowerPlant | SVS SB13-Ultra subs

"As for absolute polarity, there is nothing to check. Some do not believe that absolute polarity effect is audible. If so, you're done. For those that do, the whole chain up to the original mic must be taken into account. And since the front end is not controllable, you must have an absolute polarity switch somewhere in your system to handle the case of incorrect polarity in the recording chain. Then you set it by ear on the fly, on a per album or peraps per track basis."

This makes total sense now....thanks so much for providing this Richard.  

I really can't notice much of a difference (at least on the recordings I tested with) at all, so I am just going to leave it on positive phase.  I still do not understand why this is set to negative as default, as that would go against every other manufacturer that does not give the end user an option to set absolute phase. I am guessing that they don't think there is much if any difference.  

Maybe Alvin can answer why they ship the TPlus with negative phase as default setting.

-Scott