IGNORED

Article: CAPS Twenty | Part One

OK, watched the cool video and read the text and wonder what does the HQ Player up conversion with the new filters/modulators at high rates like DSD256+?  The cute little computer that sounds like a new Starbucks drink doesn't have the horsepower to handle that task.  

Also, why does the JCAT USB unit have such a big heatsink?  What does it do?

Given the huge size of the cool looking case, thought it was going to have a high octane CPU and GPU like the stuff talked about on the HQPlayer thread when folks are looking to get to the highest performance levels.

As usual, I'm lost.  

Tone with Soul

OK, amongst serious CA folks with tech savvy, so excuse the continued silliness one my part, but, if the 20.1 is just handling already upsampled data from a heavy duty computer (which is doing the serious lifting), why the big heavy, mostly empty box, with heat sinking and oversized or super duper power supplies, not in the big box, to run relatively light weight stuff?

Just an exercise of the possible...belts, suspenders and gaffers tape, because one can?

Tone with Soul

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are endless ways to explain what I did and why I did it, but it's likely already in the article. Perhaps CAPS just isn't your thing, just like D to D converters aren't your thing. 

Will the CAPS connect to a DAC with a D to D, or will all the efforts to handle the signal received from the heavy duty computer make one of those unnecessary?

Tone with Soul

Using stuff that I already had: 1) an old Shunyata cable with the magic dust did very good things for a Theta Gen Va I used to have; and 2) a Versalab Wood Block power line filter, to get good results isolating the Quad Core Mac Mini from the rest of the system.  Believe these products were designed to filter incoming noise, but guessing it's a two way street.  Smoother sound with more depth and detail.  Good stuff.

For airborne noise, have to resort to a "Signs" Joaquin Phoenix-style foil hat I guess until graduation to a two computer solution, motivated by HQPlayer's increased capabilities and features.

Tone with Soul