IGNORED

I wrote up a little something about my experiences with the Schiit Modi Multibit DAC

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Give NS9 a try if you haven already. The HQP manual says Gauss1 is good for 96k and below rates where NS9 is specifically for 176.4/192 rates and especially good for Multibit DACs. I sometimes try the Closed Form filters too, they're a bit softer.

Edit: speaking of the inakustik USB cable... Schiit needs to make a USB C to Type B cable for those of us who travel with MacBooks. 

I was trying most of dithers during many years of using HQP, NS-9 too of course. Just because Miska mentioned Gauss1 recently as one of three recommended dithers for R2R DACs (two others NS9 and TPDF) I tried it. And was nicely surprised. I mentioned Inakustik cables because with previous Supra USB Gauss1 was not sounding right, maybe because there was no sinc-L yet. Sinc-L + Gauss1 in my audio set which includes NAA endpoint and Gungnir Multibit sounds just as I like - natural and revealing at the same time, very euphonic.

8 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

It's interesting that a USB cable would make a noise shaper sound good or bad... It makes me wonder what the USB cables are doing to change the sound.

I'm not going to convince anyone that cables actually affect parameters which may relate to sound quality. Pretty much in consent with my own completely subjective impressions in this area. 🙂

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

I legit find it interesting. I'm not sure I'm all in with it, but I do find it interesting and would like to know definitively what's going on. I'll have to wait until someone figures it out I guess.

Why wait until someone will convince and direct? You could trust yourself, right? After all this is the only way to go, imo. 

I found one important thing for myself. I'm trying not to compare parameters one with another directly. After I put a new dither, I am trying to start listening after at least several hours, better the next day.