IGNORED

Allo Nirvana power supply and RPi 4

Hi there,

My audio setup is a Digione card on RPi 4. I'm running piCorePlayer and my musical library in on a HDD self-powered.

The power supply that I'm using is this one : AUDIOPHONICS LPSU25 Linear Regulated Low Noise Power Supply USB 220V to 5V 2A 25VA.

With 24 bits 192 Khz and 24 bits 96 Khz Flac files, I'm experimenting either no sound or stuttering sound. The reason is surely that the amperage of my power supply is too weak for a RPi4.

I plan to buy the allo Nirvana power supply. Do you think, as it supplies only 2,85A, that it will be enough for a RPi 4 which needs 3A ?

I could buy the Allo Shanti power supply but it's too expensive for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

2 hours ago, Zabizabo said:

Hi there,

My audio setup is a Digione card on RPi 4. I'm running piCorePlayer and my musical library in on a HDD self-powered.

The power supply that I'm using is this one : AUDIOPHONICS LPSU25 Linear Regulated Low Noise Power Supply USB 220V to 5V 2A 25VA.

With 24 bits 192 Khz and 24 bits 96 Khz Flac files, I'm experimenting either no sound or stuttering sound. The reason is surely that the amperage of my power supply is too weak for a RPi4.

I plan to buy the allo Nirvana power supply. Do you think, as it supplies only 2,85A, that it will be enough for a RPi 4 which needs 3A ?

I could buy the Allo Shanti power supply but it's too expensive for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Forwarded PM please check

Hi all,

it's an interesting question, regards of PI4 supply difficulties.

I plan to buy a digiOne Signature with PI4, but questions of supply slow me down (i plan to plug USB HDD as source of music directly on the device). And  may be leading me to simple digiOne. So if the Nirvana is enough for Signature/Pi4/HDD, no more hesitation !

But if not enough for digiOne/Rpi4...

Thanks if you could respond !

Sorry for my english (im french) :)

Olivier

• 4 weeks later...

Nirvana is more than enough for RPI4 + Digione

Please note that at 2.85A Nirvana gives 5V but in fact can go at 3A while voltage will sag

RPI4 takes less than 2A on normal operations. Digione needs about 100mA. Do not connect HDD to draw power as well since it might be (depending on make /technology) drawing 1A or more

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Just a remind of my audio setup and the problems that are occuring.

Audio setup: Digione card on RPi 4 linked to the SMSL AD18 DAC (via BNC output to coaxial input). I'm running piCorePlayer and my musical library in on a HDD self-powered.

The power supply that I was using is this one : AUDIOPHONICS LPSU25 Linear Regulated Low Noise Power Supply USB 220V to 5V 2A 25VA.

With 24 bits 192 Khz and 24 bits 96 Khz Flac files, I was experiencing either no sound or stuttering sound. After discussion with someone from ALLO and suspecting a too weak amperage for my audio setup, I have changed my power supply by the one supplied with the Allo Digione Player (5V/3A). It's much better but I have still occasionally the same sounds problems with the 24 bits 192 Khz and 24 bits 96 Khz Flac files. In this case, I have to replay the song (sometime two or three times) to resolve this problem.

Is it again an amperage problem even if the amperage of the Allo supply should be sufficient to supply a RPi4 and a digione card ?

Your help will be very appreciated, thanks.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:49 PM, Zabizabo said:

Hi there,

Just a remind of my audio setup and the problems that are occuring.

Audio setup: Digione card on RPi 4 linked to the SMSL AD18 DAC (via BNC output to coaxial input). I'm running piCorePlayer and my musical library in on a HDD self-powered.

The power supply that I was using is this one : AUDIOPHONICS LPSU25 Linear Regulated Low Noise Power Supply USB 220V to 5V 2A 25VA.

With 24 bits 192 Khz and 24 bits 96 Khz Flac files, I was experiencing either no sound or stuttering sound. After discussion with someone from ALLO and suspecting a too weak amperage for my audio setup, I have changed my power supply by the one supplied with the Allo Digione Player (5V/3A). It's much better but I have still occasionally the same sounds problems with the 24 bits 192 Khz and 24 bits 96 Khz Flac files. In this case, I have to replay the song (sometime two or three times) to resolve this problem.

Is it again an amperage problem even if the amperage of the Allo supply should be sufficient to supply a RPi4 and a digione card ?

Your help will be very appreciated, thanks.

Forwarded PM please check

• 1 year later...