IGNORED

You Know You Really Have Something When Your Stereo....?

That you really need to wait for applause NOT to emerge at the end of the track, to finally know it was a studio recording.

Believe it or not.

The echos I agree fully with. I have recordings which so extremely fill the room with sound, that it's too crazy to be true (and I know it wasn't so before).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

My measure "forever" is about standing waves. For years already none can be detected in any corner or position in the room (I let auditioners always test this) and as soon as something re-appears regarding this, I know something is amiss.

Btw, this is not only about low frequency standing waves, as "any" higher frequency is even more annoying (this buzzes).

Notice that this won't really be something which people recognize; you are just used to it. Unless of course, you encountered the transition from buzzing" sound to none, regarding this.

I hear ya. Room-treatment;

a real fine system can do with way less room-treatment than you thought ... (in the end it deadens).

XXHighEnd (developer)

Last one from my hand (I think): ultimate transparency (= neutrality). From day one in this business I couldn't stand two tracks sounding similar (let alone two different albums from the same band, let alone even more albums from different artists). N.b.: This relates highly to mentioned "buzzing" because that is a clear flavor.

Everyone using our gear knows what I am talking about. And the result ?

... Try to find even one smallest expression of customers of how things sound; only the very first DACs could encourage for telling something about the sound, but already the first incarnation with USB interface would show nothing about that. A 6 moons review ? you can look it up. Nothing about "how it sounds". There just is no sound when doing things a kinda right in this world.

This counts for each of our products because I just don't want them to make sound as such.

So the very key element of the "better" system is: it should not put its own flavor over your music. Not your system and also not its underlying elements (no tweaks to solve issues).

XXHighEnd (developer)