IGNORED

Recommend Someone Who Can Do An Affordable Yet Professional Job Reterminating Speaker Ends (spades to banana's)?

TubeLover

12 hours ago, TubeLover said:

As the titles says, I have a very high quality pair of speaker cables that must be re-terminated from the existing spades to bananas 

before I can use them as needed. I've spoken to the manufacturer, which would have been my first choice, but the price quoted was

borderline outrageous.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. 

JC

What was borderline outrageous? What is the make and model? Do you have a local electronics repair shop as they could most likely do it.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, TubeLover said:

I don't see a need to publicly name the company,

Christ...

I was asking what they were charging because, just maybe, the price is actually in line.

I was asking about the make and model because someone here may have already done this and knows who to contact for this.

You're being a bit cagey IMO.

10 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Didn't mean to be. I just hate throwing things out there that may negatively impact a manufacturer if, in fact, the price was higher than is fair. Which I didn't know. The cables are from Synergistic Research. And further research into them maks it seem like a bad idea to try to reterminate them. These are a very complex cable with many, many soldering points. 

JC

That was kind of my point is that your original post was so nebulous that I don't know how anyone could have given appropriate advice.

And trust me Ted Denny already has a poor reputation so you wouldn't impact it any.