IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

4 hours ago, orosie said:

As Abyss Man said, as good as the internal clock is in the Gaia, connecting it to the Terminator Plus's clock takes it to the next level.  I2S has never sounded so good! 

IMG_1268.thumb.JPG.f8ebee758cf81b72fae6f5022bffdf87.JPGIMG_1267.thumb.JPG.b5d1c20fc57143120d36a19fd109ac4c.JPG

I struggle to understand the logic of this loop.  TP rules the clocks of the Gaia to improve the signal Gaia provides to TP. So what's the need of Gaia if TP can do better?. 

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, tylerhk said:

Anyone compared Gaia / Hermes with Mutec MC3+ usb and mind to share your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I compared half a year ago a Mutec MC3+usb with a Gustard U16 with a cheap DAC (SML SU-8 v2), headphones SR007mkII and amp Stax SRM 727mkII. All feed through a vaio Z laptop, I used different combinations of BNC cables (cheap from Amazon), expensive Toslink (Wireworld), expensive AES (Wireworld) and couple of USB cables (generic and accoustic revive). Basically I found no meaningful difference, I was not able to distinguish the Gustard from the Mutec. 

4 minutes ago, davide256 said:

pretty much the vinyl equivalent of using a BIC turntable for source. Remember that this site was originally Computer Audiophile.... many of us have been on the journey for a while trying to do better than the low bar of off the shelf laptop/PC gear

Maybe, but IMO is more useful a data point than an opinion.